KoldLok Grommets prevent costly bypass airflow, reduce hotspots, and improve the PUE of your data center. Immediately increase the efficiency of your entire cooling system with this simple solution that delivers quick payback and long term energy cost savings.
Your IT equipment is generating more heat than ever and the cost to cool that equipment is increasing. According to The Uptime Institute, Inc.® electricity consumed by IT equipment is the primary driver of data center operating costs. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, 50 - 80% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed cable openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing operating costs. The fastest and easiest way to save money is to seal your cable openings.
The KoldLok Grommet is a superior sealing solution that increases current cooling unit capacity, mitigates equipment heat loads, and raises static pressure under the raised floor to improve cool air delivery through perforated tiles or floor grates.
KoldLok® Wave Benefits
By sealing cable openings and blocking bypass airflow the KoldLok® Wave:
• Increases cooling unit effectiveness.
• Allows for greater IT density in Data Centres.
• Increases static pressure under the raised floor.
• Improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
• Meets a prerequisite for hot aisle & cold aisle practices and containment strategies.
• Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units.
Key Feature Summary of KoldLok® Wave
• Sealing Effectiveness - The patent-pending wave shaped thermoplastic elastomer provides the markets most effective sealing against bypass airflow.
• Usable Cable Area - 45.5 sq inches (293.5 sq cm) of usable cable area, over two and a half times that of a leading brush competitor.
• Maintenance Free - The wave shaped material of the KoldLok® Wave, seals around cables with no additional maintenance or monitoring required.
• Configuration - The split design of the KoldLok® Wave allows edge-cut tiles to be removed without capturing cables.
• Fire Resistant - Thermoplastic elastomer material of the KoldLok® Wave is rated to UL94HB.
• Longevity - Durable, impact-resistant ABS frame.
• Safety Cover - An optional cover is available to ensure greater safety before rack and cable installation.
Superior Sealing: Multiple layers of different length, opposing brush filaments eliminate up to 98% of bypass airflow
Install it and forget it: Will not become dislodged and requires no additional maintenance
Easy Installation: Tool-less installation, requires no downtime to install or recable
Mainline can provide a detailed plan to address your particular requirements. For assistance on your Data Center Project call Mainline Computer Products for a Free Consultation & Quote toll free at: (800) 686-5312 or Email: Sales@MainlineComputer.com.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!